Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Anil Kapoor has quit smoking for the love of his daughter Sonam


Since daughter Sonam got a dream offer from Sanjay Leela Bhansali in his film 'Saawariya', father Anil Kapor's has been really anxious about the success of her debut vehicle. As a personal contribution, to ensure the success, he vowed to give up smoking till the film is released. Therefore, for the last one and a half years, since Sonam started shooting for the film, Kapoor has not smoked a single cigarette. When called, Kapoor was surprised how we found out about this very private commitment. He says, "I am not really a regular smoker, but I love my cigarettes once in a while. There were certain occasions when I'd love smoking, but yes, since Sonam started shooting for 'Saawariya', I vowed that I would not touch a cigarette till her film is released. I do miss smoking a lot, but a promise is a promise. This is not a mannat, but just a belief that if I give up something, probably it will help my daughter." Kapoor is waiting anxiously for November 9 when 'Saawariya' will be released. "Soon after, I'll definitely smoke a cigarette," he says with a smile.

No comments: